So y’all already know it is my absolute favorite time of the year. Thanksgiving and the Christmas season literally make me shed tears of excitement because I love them so much. There is something about garland, twinkling lights, sparkly ornaments, and all the good food that makes my heart grow. My dad and I have the Hallmark Channel and ABC Family (or Freeform but like lets be real it will always be abc family) 25 days of Christmas on deck. I was walking from the DG house back to my dorm this week after eating Thanksgiving lunch and was thinking about what I was thankful for. It made me giggle to myself as to some of the things I came up with so I thought I would share with all of you and encourage you to make a list of things you are thankful for.
So without further ado my things I am giving thanks for this holiday season.
- Thank you DG for always having good food and even better frozen yogurt flavors.
- Thank you Stewart Hall for always being loud but for always filling me with laughs and the smell of burnt popcorn.
- Thank you Ole Miss for giving me an incredible education even though I say that I am dropping out on a daily basis.
- Thank you to my sorority sisters for keeping me laughing and yelling at me when I mess up in theta encore practice.
- Thank you to the one table in the library that is by the window and makes studying a little less painful.
- Thank you to my roommate for always climbing in bed with me when we have had long days.
- Thank you to the inventor of Chick-Fil-A as it has kept me fed during my first semester of college.
- Thank you to Scottie and Lindsey for always giving me a place to run to when I need to escape the dorms.
- Thank you Mom and Dad for always coming to Oxford when I can’t come home and just need a hug.
- Thank you to the inventor of post it notes. You have decorated my mirror with fun notes from the cutest friends ever.
- Thank you to the inventor of Snapchat and group messages because you have helped me keep up with my closest friends and send super ugly pictures of myself.
- Thank you whoever for facetime because sometimes I just want to see my dog and Nana.
- Thank you Ole Miss for teaching me that pedestrians do have the right of way but some cars do not always understand that.
But in all honesty, this Thanksgiving season I have so much to be thankful for. I have an amazing family and friends that are surrounding me. College is hard and I cannot say that I am always in these moods where I could make a list of things I am thankful for but when I stop and look around God’s love is shown so thoroughly. DG has a freshman bible study that I have been going to and a few weeks ago we talked about the bible story of Hosea and Gomer. If you have never read this story I would for sure recommend it for this season. Basically Gomer and Hosea are married due to God’s will. Gomer was a prostitute and continues to run away to go back and do that. However, Hosea keeps running after her. He relentlessly pursues her and brings her back home. God does the same thing for us. Even when we run away or decide that we can just say “no God I am gonna do my own thing right now but like I’ll be back eventually.” He relentlessly pursues us. He will always come back and bring you to him again. So if you have nothing else to be thankful for during this holiday season do not forget that God is literally in love with you. The same God that made the trees, stars, and hung the moon made someone like you. You are loved and that is something we should all celebrate all year long. Today I encourage everyone reading this to tell someone close to you that you love them.
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!!!
Thanks for reading!!!
XOXO, Emma Rose Davis
That Was All She Wrote